Scroll below the form to read key points that can help you craft your comments.
Please do not forget to write a subject line!
The Earned Income Tax Credit is a highly effective anti-poverty tool that improves the health and well-being of low-income families. Tell your legislators to restore refundability to the EITC this session! Here are some key points to help you craft your message:
- The EITC has enjoyed strong bipartisan support as a way to boost work and keep working families out of poverty.
- The EITC provides a critical boost to the financial security of low-income workers.
- Restoring the EITC will improves the health & well-being of working, low-income families in Oklahoma.
- Two in three families that claim the EITC in Oklahoma lost some or all of their credit.
- Making the state EITC non-refundable means that it does far less to reduce poverty and encourage work, particularly among workers earning the least.